CHERRY RIPE BITES
2 cups organic, desiccated/shredded coconut
1 cup organic coconut milk (full fat, not lite!)
3 tablespoons organic coconut oil/butter
4 tablespoons organic honey, maple syrup, coconut syrup (your choice)
1/2 – 3/4 cup frozen cherries (depending on how ‘cherry-ish’ you want them)
A pinch of salt
250g organic dark chocolate
NOTE: You can make bounty bars but keeping out the cherries.
1. In a saucepan mix coconut milk and coconut oil with sweetener, heat gently and stir until well combined.
2. Stir in the coconut and salt. Place this into food processor or blender with frozen cherries and pulse until combined. Press this mixture into a lined baking tray, make as flat and evenly spread as possible.
3. Place in fridge (or freezer if you’re impatient), until it becomes firm but not completely set. Take out and cut into bars, then return to freezer to freeze completely.
4. Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
5. Remove coconut bars from freezer and cover them in chocolate one at a time, placing on a piece baking paper once covered. Place in fridge to set. Be patient…then enjoy!